I apologize so much for being incredibly absent from this blog! I will explain more in a subsequent post… but for now, I MUST share with you our favorite baby essentials that we used during this little guy’s third month earth-side! Although, I shouldn’t call him “little” – he’s only 6 pounds lighter than his sister (and she’s 17 months older!) Suffice to say that I’m getting some great arm workouts in! Ha! Again, I’m so sorry that this post is behind schedule… I will try to be more timely with the later ones in this series! ♥
As my family and I (and you!) journey through these next 9 months, I will be contributing to this series about our favorite baby gear and accessories. I will add to this series monthly so that these baby essentials can be broken down by my baby’s age and usefulness. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below!
Some blog posts may include affiliate links to products that I love and trust. I may earn a small commission off of these links, but this does not affect the cost for you. (Read more here.)
- Crib and Mattress – Because our little guy is actually pretty big for his age, he quickly graduated to his crib. He is a noisy sleeper too; so hubby and I were happy to have our room back to ourselves. Everyone seems to sleep better now!
- Mattress Protector – I like to keep the mattresses protected from the inevitable blowouts and spit-up. We use this one (but I honestly don’t have a brand preference!)
- Video Monitor – Although I am happy to have my room back, an audio monitor wasn’t enough to ease my “separation anxiety” with my firstborn (we quickly purchased a video monitor after she moved into her own room!) Now I have a second one for my son’s room. It’s easy for me to peek on him in the middle of the night without worrying about waking him up. Quick note – I have one of the more basic/less expensive models available, and it works great for our family.
- Teethers – Whyyyyy??? My daughter basically never had any issues with teething. This dude is a different story! All the drool and crankiness AND he’s started this prior to his 3mo b-day. Yuck. Anyways, I love these two teethers – Sophie (because every kid needs one…) and this sweet teething toy from Grey + Gingham. If you like to support small businesses, I highly recommend the ring/fabric teether from Grey and Gingham. My son loves his!
- Sunscreen – I live in Florida, so this little water-bug-to-be has already been to the beach. While there, I used this Babyganics sunscreen to protect his perfect newborn skin. (He actually slept the whole time in my Baby K’tan carrier so the fabric provided extra protection from the sun. Mommy win!)
- Clothes – I’m gonna say it like it is: it is blessing for a mama to have lots of clothing options to account for the MANY instances throughout the day that obligate outfit changes…
- “Me” Time – It is vitally important for mommies to take time for themselves and to even treat themselves at times! If you can’t leave your kids – grab a friend to go shop the sales racks with you and the littles (she’ll inevitably tag-team the kids with you.) Or grab a coffee with another mama and head to a park. Getting out of the house and feeling like a real adult can make a world of difference! ♥
Well, that’s about it for this month! Many items from the previous months are still in frequent circulation for us! What sorts of items would you add or change from my list? Everyone has unique tastes and preferences – no size fits all! These are the products that we have used the most during our little guy’s third month; stay tuned for the rest of this monthly series as this little man continues to grow!
Don’t forget about these posts too –
- baby’s first month – the essentials
- baby’s second month – the essentials
- baby’s fourth month – the essentials
- baby’s fifth month – the essentials
- baby’s sixth month – the essentials
If you never want to miss a blog post, you can subscribe below to get email updates whenever something new is published! Have a happy day! ♥