Mother’s Day – well, truly every day is mommy day because, well, we mommies never get a day off. But I will quickly admit, I certainly enjoy a day to celebrate mama appreciation.
Has anyone else seen the new animated movie Sing? You know the mother pig with her 25 kids and husband who don’t even notice that she’s missing until everything that she does on a daily basis comes to a screeching halt? Yeah… some days it’s easy to feel like no one notices the 605 tasks that we get done every. single. day. (And sometimes several times every day!)
But guess what? Acknowledged or not, none of us would be here without our moms (and other mom-figures.) They are integral to our lives and they deserve a thank you. So take this day to buy some flowers and get a sweet card for that super important lady in your life. It will mean a lot to her – I promise!
Now on a more practical note… I’ve put together a few gift ideas for you. Just in case you could use some inspiration beyond the flowers and card! ♥
Some blog posts may include affiliate links to products that I love and trust. I may earn a small commission off of these links, but this does not affect the cost for you. (Read more here.)
- Books – I know I’ve mentioned this book before, but Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full has greatly encouraged me as a mom in my walk with the Lord. I HIGHLY recommend this for any mommies out there (especially new moms!)
- Girl’s Outing – You’ll have to look in your area to see what’s available, but many towns have group painting parties where you can paint with friends and/or your mom! The instructor provides instructions that are easy to follow and you actually get to go home with your own masterpiece. (Hint: check out Groupon for deals or other ideas!)
- Mani/Pedi/Massage – Okay, so I totally thought this was the most cliché mom gift until I actually became a mom. Let’s be real, I am lucky if I get to go to the bathroom alone – let alone paint my nails. An hour or two of pampering sounds like HEAVEN.
- Babysitting – This sorta pairs with the above gift idea, but I would gladly do even a bit of grocery shopping alone. Imagine how much I could get done! Ha!
- Grocery Delivery/Amazon Prime – Anything to simplify a mom’s life is a win-win! We personally used Amazon’s diaper subscription service through our Prime membership. It is so wonderful to get these big boxes sent right to my doorstep instead of trying to lug them home from the store. (Mom hack: Join Amazon Family 30-Day Free Trial to order diapers at a discount and have them shipped straight to your door every month.)
- Canvas Print – I recently wrote an entire post about 76th and Newbury’s canvas prints. They make really neat-looking family trees and other prints that would be great gifts for any moms and/or grandmas. Once our family is complete – I would certainly love one of these!
- Birthstone Stacking Rings – Someday, I hope to get a set similar to these stacking rings for each of my kids. It is a fun gift that can be added to over the years as our family grows. Basically, you can never go wrong with buying jewelry for a woman!
- Photography Session – I love to have professional photos of my kids and our family. This would be an amazing gift for any mom! An added bonus would be to print and frame some of the photos too! (Because, if I’m honest, I don’t print enough of my photos!)
- Coffee – Coffee, coffee cups, coffee gift cards, coffee accessories, coffee makers… All of these are a mom’s best friend. Just sayin’…
What gifts have you considered for Mother’s Day? I’d love to hear some more ideas in the comments below…
Also, if this post has helped you, do me a favor and forward it on to my hubby. Deal? Deal. ♥
Just a heads up – if you never want to miss a blog post, you can subscribe below to get email updates whenever something new is published! Have a happy day! ♥