In another month, this munchkin of mine will be halfway through his first year! Unbelievable! He is sitting, scooting, pushing up to a crawling position, and just started to babble. Oh how I love him!
As my family and I (and you!) journey through these next 7 months, I will be contributing to this series about our favorite baby gear and accessories. I will add to this series monthly so that these baby essentials can be broken down by my baby’s age and usefulness. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below!
Some blog posts may include affiliate links to products that I love and trust. I may earn a small commission off of these links, but this does not affect the cost for you. (Read more here.)
- Breathable Bumper – I know that traditionally bumpers have been no-nos for cribs. However, it’s hard to see your baby getting their adorably chunky arms and legs stuck between the crib slats or their sweet head pressed against the hard wood. This bumper has been amazing for keeping my baby injury free while still allowing the air to circulate. Every parent must choose what they are most comfortable with, but this product has been great for my family!
- Double Stroller – I have to give an amazing shoutout to my dear friend who gifted us this double stroller. It is an amazing piece of equipment – especially since my baby is huge (20 pounds already!) I take my kiddos walking downtown often and this stroller makes it so simple. I can even fit it into my Honda Civic’s trunk! The seat positions are versatile and easy to change. It also has a large storage basket below. I would certainly recommend this stroller to anyone looking for a double stroller!
- Life Vest – We live in Florida and like to take our kiddos out on the water when we can. Life Vests are an absolute must. Be sure to check out the official requirements and suggestions for safe use. The US Coast Guard is a good place to start! I prefer life vests with zippers for small infant/children (as opposed to just buckles.) Check the vest itself for weight and age requirements. Infant vests are designed differently than children’s vests or adult vests and should be chosen accordingly.
- Activity Jumper – My little man can’t seem to get enough of his jumper! We have an older Baby Einstein model, but their new versions seem equally as fun! While he’s happy bouncing along, I’m able to vacuum, make dinner, clean bathrooms, or *gasp* sit down and do something for ME. I can’t guarantee how much “me” time you’ll get from this product, but it’s worth its weight in gold to us!
- Rubber Teether – Our little guy is teething up a storm and he loves his Infantino monkey. It’s rubbery and squeaky – just what every little person likes.
- Photographs – Okay mama, I’m telling myself as much as I’m telling you: go print and frame your favorite pictures of your kids! In this digital age we take 1000s of photos but when was the last time we printed any? For Mother’s Day, I was given a framed photo of my kids and I am so thankful that my mom took the time do that for me! If you don’t want to go to the drug store, check out the many photo printing services out there – Amazon even has one! Or if you just want to be able to print mini photos at your home, you could also check out this portable printer. I have one and it makes amazing mini prints! ♥
Well, that’s about it for this month! Many items from the previous months are still in frequent circulation for us! What sorts of items would you add or change from my list? Everyone has unique tastes and preferences – no size fits all! These are the products that we have used the most during our little guy’s third month; stay tuned for the rest of this monthly series as this little man continues to grow!
Feel free to share this post with any moms-to-be! Don’t forget about these posts too –
- baby’s first month – the essentials
- baby’s second month – the essentials
- baby’s third month – the essentials
- baby’s fourth month – the essentials
- baby’s sixth month – the essentials
If you never want to miss a blog post, you can subscribe below to get email updates whenever something new is published! Have a happy day! ♥