So basically, my son is absolutely a second child. With my daughter, I was always on time with her monthly photos and updates. This time… not so much. But better late than not at all! Also, how is my little man already half-way to his 1st birthday? (Which also means that we’re getting close to the 6 month countdown until Christmas! Too soon? Okay, pretend I didn’t say that!)
As my family and I (and you!) journey through these next 6 months, I will be contributing to this series about our favorite baby gear and accessories. I will add to this series monthly so that these baby essentials can be broken down by my baby’s age and usefulness. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below!
Some blog posts may include affiliate links to products that I love and trust. I may earn a small commission off of these links, but this does not affect the cost for you. (Read more here.)
- Utensils – My son recently started eating. I honestly would have waited a bit longer to start him on solids (read: to keep messes at a minimum) but of course, after observing everyone else eating, he was obsessed. So our exploration of food has begun. I don’t follow any particular line of thinking when it comes to feeding my babies “real” food. I just follow my gut. Basically, I’ve ended up feeding them things that can be easily mashed with a fork. The only items I use with him at dinner time are a spoon and a bowl. Simple and easy. Now if only he wasn’t so messy about the whole process! Ha!
- Bibs – Speaking of messy… The bibs that I like to use for meals are are functional. Do NOT use your fun, unique, “fashion” bibs for this purpose, because for some reason, banana that has been mashed into a terry-cloth bib, has a way of sticking around – for forever. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- High Chair – For a while we had my son in a booster seat, but once we decided to give him more independence with food (…such as cereal O’s to help develop his pincer grasp,) it was time to move him to the high chair (now my toddler uses the booster seat instead!)
- Bath Wash/Lotion – Recently, I changed the kids’ bath wash and shortly thereafter, my son developed red, rough patches of skin on his body. He hasn’t been officially diagnosed as having eczema, but it does seem that his skin is sensitive. He also has persistent cradle cap. I discontinued that wash and started him on this Aveeno wash and lotion that specifically targets eczema. I’m not sure how it would work in a true case of eczema, but I believe that I have seen improvements in our skin issues.
- Toys – Beyond any and all teething toys, my little man is loving his Vtech train because of its pop-up characters! He also really likes his musical turtle. Thankfully, he is also content with more “quiet toys”!
- Pamper Item – Do it! If you can’t schedule time to get yourself out for a few hours of pampering, (because, let’s be honest, I can’t either!) at least invest in a few items that help you to feel pampered at home. For me, this was buying a new nail color for the summer (and actually painting my nails!) and finding a new scent from Anthroplogie (on sale, mind you!) Even if it’s something small, do something for you every week. It makes a difference!
Well, that’s about it for this month! Many items from the previous months are still in frequent circulation for us! What sorts of items would you add or change from my list? Everyone has unique tastes and preferences – no size fits all! These are the products that we have used the most during our little guy’s third month; stay tuned for the rest of this monthly series as this little man continues to grow!
Feel free to share this post with any moms-to-be! Don’t forget about these posts too –
- baby’s first month – the essentials
- baby’s second month – the essentials
- baby’s third month – the essentials
- baby’s fourth month – the essentials
- baby’s fifth month – the essentials
If you never want to miss a blog post, you can subscribe below to get email updates whenever something new is published! Have a lovely day! ♥
Munchkin 10 Piece Feeding Set
10 Pack Bib Set
Summer Infant Classic Comfort Wood High Chair
Aveeno Baby Cleansing Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Wash
Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream
Teether Bead Necklace
VTech Roll & Surprise Animal Train
Baby Einstein Musical Turtle
Playgro Rock ‘n’ Stack Toy
OPI Nail Polish